Welcome To Bankura District Forest
Forests and its fringe people are important in south Bengal. By knowing the importance of forest and related administration to serve the larger number of the people, the West Bengal Government had taken decision way back from India’s pre-Independence period to create Forest Administration in the following manner to provide conservation and management for Forest flora and fauna and deliver people friendly services to those living in and around the forests. In that way, Bankura Division was created with headquarter at Bankura vide G.O. NO. 614- For dated 06-10-1947. Working Plan South Division-II was created with headquarters since 1966. Bankura Division was split into Bankura (North) Division and Bankura (South) Division with headquarters at Bankura vide G.O. No. 1119- For/45-413/78 dated 28-02-1979. The Panchet Soil Conservation Division was created with headquarter at Bishnupur vide G.O. No.-2891- For/FR/O/D/1/4E-2/95 dated 27-06-95 and 2668/Z (7)- For 26-06-95 by carving territory from Bankura North and South Division. The entire Bankura territorial forest Administration is comes under the control of the Chief Conservator of Forests, Central Circle, who has the Office at Survey Building, Alipur-Kolkata.
News / Latest Reports
- 1 Activities of Forest Department Bankura District dated-04.04.17
- 2 Details of Check Dam 2015-16 under DFO North Division
- 3 Activities of Bankura Forest Department (Chief Minister Visit 2015)
- 4 OFFENCE REPORT DURING LAST THREE YEARS of BANKURA FOREST
- 5 Elephant Compensation paid in Bankura North Division during 2014-15
LOCATION OF BANKURA FOREST
Bankura falls within the Burdwan Division of West Bengal. It is situated between 22° 38 ’ and 23° 38’ North latitude and between 86° 36’ and 87° 46’ East longitude. It has an area of 6,882 Sq km. On the North and North-East, the district is bounded by Bardhaman , on the South-East, it is bounded by Hooghly district, on the South by Paschim Medinipur district and on the west by Purulia district.